27 November 2020

Thirty-seven

I turned thirty-seven yesterday, and while I am not thrilled about the fact that I am now in my late thirties, it was a pretty decent day. This year has been filled with ups and downs - for most people, I realize - and I am really hoping that things are much farther along by the time I hit thirty-eight next year. I don't want to talk too extensively about my plans, but things are in motion for a better future, and for that I am grateful for sure. 

Here are a few pictures of my birthday week - a balloon (there was also cake) at work on Tuesday since we would be off for the actual holiday (yes, my birthday was an amazing excuse to have the entire store off... we will pretend it had nothing to do with Thanksgiving), chocolate-covered unicorn-shaped rice krispie treats from a lovely co-worker, the best cheesecake in the world from my husband (he also got me the new World of Warcraft expansion, and my brother sent me about twenty battle pets in-game as a birthday gift), and the most adorable hoodie from my other brother and sister-in-law.



1 comment:

  1. Good for you! It's important to celebrate our birthdays and you hit all the notes. More seriously, birthdays can cause us to reflect on the state of our lives. I always use that opportunity to ponder past choices and make adjustments. Sounds like you do, too. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete