26 February 2018

Right around six months ago, I FINALLY made the decision to start a program to try to lose weight and to get into better shape. I ordered a product called Thrive that I had seen a few friends have success with, and decided to give it a shot. Six months, and sixty plus pounds later, I'd call it a success! I still have a long way to go, but I am so far from that place where I started.

I used to get winded walking a mile. Now, I can easily walk out a six or seven mile walk, and be ready for more. So far, my best/longest walk was ten miles.

The winter has slowed me down. I've joined a gym, but it's just not the same as getting out there, in nature, and walking. I love the feel of the sun on my face. I love the smell of the grass and the leaves. I love the challenges I can set for myself - "try to jog. Just as far as that tree over there. Oh, you made it... keep going... that next tree... make it to the stream now..." I love the sense of community that walking gave me in the fall. My days off consisted of inviting friends out for a walk, and pushing each other to do it.

I long now for the weather to change, so that I can get back into my comfortable zone. I need to get back into setting little goals and crushing them. I'll get there... I know I will... And the beauty of northeastern Pennsylvania is going to help!


No comments:

Post a Comment