09 March 2018

31 Days of Self Love - Day 9

What's something in your life that you need to get rid of? Here's another thing that I've been working on for a few years already at this point! I need to continue to get rid of negativity, and people who bring more negativity into my life.

It's taken me a long time to realize that some people just don't deserve to be in my life. They don't deserve me reaching out, they don't deserve my compassion or my respect, or my well-wishes. It's sad when you realize that some people care about no one but themselves - especially when you have made every effort you can to be a part of their lives.

People who do nothing but bring more stress, anger, and sadness into my life - things that I already deal with more than my fair share internally due to depression that sometimes hits like a truck - I just need to phase out.

I'm far from saying that everyone has to be a positive ray of sunshine all of the time. I'm far from saying that I'm even a positive ray of sunshine all of the time. But there comes a point that if you can't see a single bit of good in your life, I just can't help you anymore. It's not that I don't want to - it's that I physically can't let myself be broken down at the expense of someone else. It's taken me over thirty years to get to a point where I feel this way, where I need to push away from people who don't deserve all that I have to offer, but I need to be in this mindset - for my own peace of mind, and perhaps to make these people notice that no one is going to stick around if they're constantly a sour soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment