27 May 2018

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 05

Today, I am going to talk about five places that I want to visit. This is tough for me - I want to visit everywhere. To make it easier, I am going to limit my list to places within the United States that I would like to visit - I know there is a great big wonderful world out there, but there is also so much to see right here in my own country, and I kind of want to do that first (or at least chip away at these places first!).

After writing my list, I realized that only one of my must-see places is a city - the rest are wild, and free, and full of natural beauty. I think this probably says a lot about who I am. Also, I have visited so many awesome places already, in case you're wondering why a lot of cool spots didn't make the list. I think I will have to sit one day and make a list of places I have already visited that I would love to get to again.



The Grand Canyon. I feel like this one is on most peoples' lists, and it really should be. I have heard that there is something amazing and awe-inspiring about actually just standing there at the edge, and taking in all of the beauty. I want to stand at the edge, with no distractions - no cell phone, no camera, no attempt to get the perfect shot. I just want to be for a while, and take it all in.



Austin, Texas. I have been told that this would be an amazing city for me to check out. I love country music, but the current state of country radio makes me sad. I would love to be in a city where I can hear things that actually sound like country music, and not some over-produced attempt to sell more records. I want to visit dive bars and hear people I have never heard of sing their stories.



Acadia National Park. I have been wanting to get to this Maine spot for a few years, but I have just never gotten quite that far (I just hang around the Kittery area when I pop into Maine). I have this crazy need to see a moose, and I think that perhaps I could actually catch a glimpse of one out in the wild, doing moosey things if I made it up to Acadia. Maine is AMAZING in general, and I highly recommend it to everyone!



Alaska. I don't even have a certain part of Alaska that I would like to visit - I just want to go there, in general. Everyone else I know wants to go to Hawaii, but if I am going to hop out of the forty-eight contiguous states, I am definitely going to go to Alaska first! I would particularly love to do an Alaska cruise!



Yellowstone National Park. Another spot that my nature-and-animal-loving self would love to see. Bears, wolves and buffalo living out in the wild, being as natural as they can be with annoying tourists like me looking at them all day. Plus, the scenery?! It looks absolutely stunning! 

2 comments:

  1. What I remember most about when I first stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon was how very small I was. I also remember how the colors of the canyon changes as the sun crosses the sky. Pictures nor words do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See?! I NEED to go there! ;) I really want to be able to take a three-week-or-so vacation at some point and just drive. I live on the east coast, but I would want to drive and stop at a ton of cool places along the way, culminating in the Grand Canyon, and then meander my way back.

      Delete