03 January 2021

2020

 I feel like all that I have seen on social media these last few days are people talking about how 2020 was the worst year ever, and while I understand that it was pretty much a trash year on a global scale, I don't think I could even put it in my top three of worst years I've lived through yet (the year my mom died, the year I was raped, and the year after I was raped would all top this mess).


Abby with baby Patrick - some of the joy in our home in 2020
For me, this year brought challenges, but it also brought so much good. While a lot of people that I know were out of work for an extended period of time, I was able to keep on working - and pull overtime many weeks throughout the Spring and Summer. My husband got promoted, so our household income increased a decent bit. Our dogs had a puppy... and then five more puppies when COVID canceled our boy's neuter surgery, and while I shouldn't have let it happen, we kept the first puppy and two from the litter of five and found good homes for the other three, and they are such a joy in our lives. My husband and I were able to start saving money and working toward some goals that we have. I was able to get my anxiety issues mostly under control - or at least, more under control than they had been in years.

I almost feel guilty that we had a decent year. I missed hanging out with my family, and can't wait until this whole COVID mess is over so that we can go sit at the bar with my brother on $5 pizza night, or finally get to do a trivia night at the bar... but otherwise? Our year was full of growth, and I am grateful. Hoping that this year brings us more good in our personal lives, because I have some big plans for 2022...

No comments:

Post a Comment