09 May 2018

It's a baby kitten shower!

The boyfriend and I decided to take the dogs for a walk around the community last night. I don't know what prompted me to do that - as the original plan was go to a local park - but I'm so glad we did! We weren't walking too long when I stumbled upon a litter of kittens. They were coming out of the woods, and heading in our general direction. I never thought I'd be able to get close, let alone catch two of them! There are still two out there that I want to try to go back and catch, but I was able to get the two more tame babies of the bunch.

I'm guessing them to be about four weeks old, and I believe the tiger is a male, and the black and white is a female, but I'm not 100% sure.

I have no desire to keep them - I have plenty of pets of my own! - but want to keep them long enough to get them seen by a veterinarian, and hopefully get them spayed/neutered before they go to their forever homes (hoping that my vet will help me out and treat them the same way as shelter babies, and spay them for me at two pounds, instead of their normal six month mark). I can't in good conscious give them to people without them at least being checked out by my vet.

I have set up a baby registry for them - kittens are expensive! Especially when thrown on top of the pets I already have! We've already gone through an entire can of ready-to-feed kitten formula (luckily they're old enough to lap food from a bowl, so I'm not having to bottle feed them), plus they've already eaten just about a whole can of wet pate cat food! It's going to double if I am able to get the other two!

If you'd like to shop the registry, you can do so here: Kitten Baby Shower! To save on shipping, you can opt for "pickup today" or "store pickup." My store is Mount Pocono Pennsylvania, store #2365. Pickup person would be me - Margaret Ayres - and my email address is iamsidny@gmail.com

To contribute to vet bills, you can send money to me via paypal - my paypal email is iamsidny@yahoo.com (note that my paypal is different than my regular email - same first part, different extension)!

Thank you all for your consideration! Now let's get these babies healthy, happy, and ready for their forever homes!



No comments:

Post a Comment