06 May 2018

4 week challenge

I was going to try to do this challenge unofficially, and see how much of it I could stick to. I don't do a lot of fries or chips, so that one should be easy... I only do soda on rare occasions at this point, and only ginger ale (I used to be able to polish off a two liter of Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper on a daily basis, so this is progress!)... Ice cream is an occasional treat, but not super often... I don't really do fast food since going vegetarian/pescatarian (except for those random times that fries or a milkshake sound good)... Fried food is going to be tough because mozzarella sticks are one of my top favorite foods... I can do the white bread thing - I just need to go and buy some non-white bread... cakes, donuts, cookies, and candy are my absolute weakness. I can generally easily do without the salty snacks, but I love sweet treats so much!

But, in typical me fashion... I got the brilliant idea to post this image on Facebook and say that I was unofficially trying to do it, and now two friends want to do it with me. I suppose that means I have to actually really try to stick to it, huh? I guess I need to figure out if white rice counts as white bread, because they're basically the same family. I suppose I could buy brown rice as an alternative anyway, and work on liking that (that said - I don't eat much rice either, as a general rule - but I happened to cook some for Jeremy's lunch the other night, and turned the leftovers into a healthier version of rice pudding).

I made Jeremy take some before pictures last night, so hopefully I will have something to show for this in four weeks. Like I said yesterday or the day before... I have gained a little bit of weight back in the last few months, because I let myself get complacent and lazy. I've already re-lost eight of those pounds, but am still about twelve pounds above my lowest weight. I am hoping to lose those twelve back over the course of these four weeks. I think that's a realistic goal at this point. From there, I will see what I need to do to keep up the momentum through the rest of the summer.

I really want to be more confident this summer, and I really want to let myself buy a new bathing suit. Of course, I'll still be heavy - I'm not going to be an ideal weight this year, just because it isn't physically possible to lose that much weight that fast. Last year, I was confident enough to wear my simple black one-piece bathing suit, with shorts over it, to the pool in my community and occasionally to the lake. This year, I want the confidence to rock it without the short - or to buy a new one that I can rock without a pair of short. Still something modest, and simple and one-piece, of course... but to rock a bathing suit? In public? Without covering it with shorts? If I do it, it will be the first time since I was six or seven years old - and that, my friends, will feel like a huge victory.

6 comments:

  1. Saw your comment on Donna's blog. I'd fail the Four Week Challenge in about two or three hours max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. I'm only on day four, but so far so good! And seriously, the weight is already falling off, so it's so worth it.

      What makes it extra tough in my case is that I don't eat meat, either... so now I'm like "wait, what can I actually eat?!" A lot of fruit and vegetables!

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your challenge! And how awesome that you're seeing results already. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Though a co-worker who said she was doing it with me had white bread today. I pointed this out, and she said hot dog rolls didn't count. It's going to be a long four weeks... lol

      Delete
  3. Wow, this sounds like a difficult challenge. I could do this, but french fries are my guilty pleasure and I don't know if I could give those up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is anything sweet. Like anyyything sweet. And mozzarella sticks, haha.

      Delete