18 April 2011

Vicki

So, my friend Vicki (who I am fairly certain is the sole regular reader of this blog) told me that I need to write a blog entry about her. This is obviously a brilliant idea, except that to be honest, I do not have a whole lot to write about Vicki - except that she cracks me the hell up, and I am thrilled to death that she came back to day shift at work, and I get to hear her rude, snarky comments over the walkie talkie all day, and it absolutely lights up my day.

I decided that instead of a blog just about Vicki, I should talk about all of my lovely friends.
Recently, I realized that for the first time in my life, I have a really amazing group of friends. I have people who actually care about me, who actually like me for who I am, who are not trying to change me. This is not to say that I have not had good friends in the past, and this is not to say that there aren't people in my life right now who aren't real friends. But on the whole, I have a really great solid group of people who I would consider friends (as opposed to just acquaintances), who I adore.

Firstly, there's the gay husband. I can tell him any damn thing, and not worry about being judged or looked at funny, or looked down on. He always makes sure that I am okay, always knows everything that I am going through first (sometimes before I do), and is always there when I need someone to talk to or hang out with or vent to. I have hung around with him so much that I have picked up a lot of his mannerisms, his "I don't give a fuck" attitude, his ways of thinking. He is probably the most intelligent - and the funniest - person that I have ever met in my life.

Then there is Vicki. This girl is hi-lar-i-ous. I think we get along so well because she doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks or says either, and definitely always flat-out tells it like it is. I spend so much of my time at work laughing when she is around. She is never one to sugar-coat things, and I absolutely love that about her. People like her and the gay best friend make it so much easier for ME to be that way. Is that awful? haha. She also told me one day that my blog makes her cry, which I guess is pretty cool. I mean, it is definitely not cool that it makes her cry, because I of course do not want to make someone cry. But then it is awesome that what I say can actually make a person feel something. She actually said over the walkie-talkie at work the other day that I had made her cry, and asked someone "Do you read Sid's blog?! It'll make you cry!" It cracked me the hell up.

Then is my fellow Sagittarius new friend, who I've only known for a few months. I'd only known her a couple of weeks when she brought me a cake for my birthday this past year - more than any of my friends that I had been friends with forever did for me. She is hands-down the most generous and giving person I have ever met, and will bend over backwards to make sure that everyone is okay. I spent part of Christmas Day at her house this year, and she was constantly checking to make sure I was okay. "Do you need anything?!" "Are you SURE?!" "Want me to cook you something?" She constantly refuses to let anyone else pay for lunch - which makes me want to kick her a little sometimes, haha. All-around awesome friend to have.

And then there is my new close girl friend. This girl understands so much of who I am, because she has been through a lot of the same things that I have. She knows what it is like to watch your mother fight cancer (lucky for her, her mom survived the battle). She knows more about some bad things that I have gone through than most other people, because she's been there too. It blows my mind because she always talks about how she doesn't really have a lot of close friends, and said something when I showed up the night before her 21st birthday with a cake, about how no one's ever done anything like that for her before. Well, I think that that is a damn shame. A lot of people are missing out, because she really is one of the most amazing people I have ever met, and I am thrilled to death that we have become such close friends in recent weeks/months.

So, Vicki, there you go. A post that is about you. Sort of. Sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. I have had many gay husbands in my life. THEY ARE THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are! And, this one is like a masculine gay guy, so it's the best of both worlds! He helps me pick out clothes, and fixes my car! <3

    ReplyDelete