19 April 2014

dear friend

The other day, I found out that a dear friend from high school keeps a blog. Upon reading it, I realized that she is going through a hard time right now. A very, very hard time. I remember her as this silly bubbly tiny little spitfire of a girl. Always laughing and smiling. And now she is suffering from panic attacks and depression, and reading her accounts of her daily life made my heart break for her. I have since been exchanging messages with her on facebook, and told her that I want to know when she is ready to join the outside world. I've not seen her in a dozen years or so, but I need to know when she's ready to come back out into the world, to grab lunch, to go shopping. I feel a strong urge to reconnect - to remind her she isn't alone.

Selfishly, I'm also feeling so grateful for all that I have right now. I wish I could take a little of her pain, her sadness, her hurting away and give her some of my joy.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's selfish at all to be thankful for what you have. It's important to be grateful. It doesn't mean you can't be there for your friend though.

    ReplyDelete