02 July 2014

Bedroom makeover

I don't currently have a whole lot to write about, because my life has been rather dull the last few days (going back to work is never fun after a few days off - and I am already back onto my run of days working. And now, I am basically just counting down until my eleven-day vacation (which starts in fifteen days, if anyone wants to count along with me).

The last week has seen me working on my room, though! When I got back from vacation, I switched which bedroom I was sleeping in. I had been in the smallest room in the house (something like 6.5'x6.5'), which was just big enough for my bed and a nightstand. Making the bed was near impossible, since two of the corners of the bed were in two of the corners of the room. I liked it because it meant that I could use the bigger room as my dressing room/workout room/room for all of my random stuff. I decided, though, that I wanted the slightly bigger room (about 8.5'x8.5') and wanted to make it cute and comfortable. It is still a work in progress, but I figured I would share some photos of how it's coming!

My cute new shelves (Ikea!) with my cute new vases (also Ikea!) and some flowers (Dollar Tree) with my absolute favorite pictures ever of my nephew and niece from when they were considerably smaller than they are now. I am going to add more stuff up there, and probably take these pictures down and replace them with 5x7's and feature all three of the kids. But for now, I needed placeholders. The shelves look crooked, but they aren't. The ceiling is slanted, and created a great optical illusion (and I'm not debating whether I should have hung the shelves differently).

My wall of cool stuff. Obviously I needed some FRIENDS posters (I've had these for a couple of years. I think they're so fun! At one point, I had them hanging in my bathroom, lol). Also my adorable Little Big Town poster from back before they were all big and famous. And then my CMA Fest 2004 poster, which is signed by a bunch of people. No one ridiculously famous (well, Little Big Town is on there), but all sorts of cool people that I love.

My bulletin board with all sorts of random fun stuff on it (including a photo of myself and former co-workers from my store in Tennessee, some old birthday cards - including one from my 22nd, a calendar, yada yada). My bookshelf (my favorite stuffed animals are on top - the white teddy bear is my absolute favorite. A Valentine's Gift from the "one who got away." He'd probably be shocked if he knew I still had it). Then above the bulletin board are my pictures and my "M" that I made when my room was yellow and grey. I may make a new "M" to coordinate the current colors in my room... and re-do the picture frames to match as well.
I love my bed. First off, the bed itself? Totally fit for a princess, right? I definitely refer to it as my princess bed. Then the duvet with the big dots on it was what I had on my bed originally (well, for the last few months). And then I picked up the new white one with purple-ish tiny flowers on it when I stopped at Ikea last week. I love that they sort of coordinate without matching. Because I'm weird like that. The bulletin board is no longer in that spot (see above photo). The pillow with the blue and red elephants on it was made for me by my dear friend Adele. Isn't it adorable?! And isn't she crazy-talented?! And the grey elephant pillow is just one that I bought at work that I thought was precious (I love elephants - can't you tell?!)

I finally have cute coordinating curtains (my last curtain was a shower curtain that happened to be the same color as my room. I even hung it up with metal shower curtain hooks. True story). And my cute little mirrors I bought that coordinate with my bedding and stuff. Going to buy a few more, because I think they're fantastic!

Tomorrow I am heading to Ikea. Going to pick up a few more mirrors, and see what other stuff I can find. I need a few frames for some weirdly sized pictures that I have. I also want a full-length mirror for the back of my bedroom door (but that may wait until I make a Wal-Mart run). And I want to get paper lantern type lights to hang from the ceiling above the bed. I think I finally figured out how to install them, so I am hoping to find ones in colors to coordinate with the room. Fingers are crossed!

6 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love those shelves!

    I was just at Ikea over the weekend and am going back this weekend...love that place! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I love it! Where do you go? South Philly?
      I hit the Conshohocken store on my way home from Northeastern PA last week.
      I didn't end up going today, though. Figured it wasn't worth the hour plus drive, for the few small things that I wanted/needed.

      Delete
  2. There are no Ikeas near me. Everyone always finds great stuff there and it makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really adorable stuff! Some of it is annoyingly overpriced, but some of it you get really great bargains on. I don't go often, but I love it when I do go!

      Delete
  3. the elephant pillows are beyond cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best?! The quilted one was made by one of my lovely friends! I want her to make me a purse with the same motif on it. :D

      Delete