14 September 2014

Gallstones

This past Tuesday, somewhere right past midnight, I experienced the absolute worst pain I have ever experienced in my life. I woke up with chest pains, and a numb arm, and thought that I was having a heart attack. My roommate drove me the almost-thirty-minutes to the hospital emergency room, all the while I thought that I was dying. I kid you not, it was terrifying.

It turns out that I was having a gallbladder attack. Five hours in the emergency room, some blood tests, a CAT scan, an IV of pain killers didn't reveal anything... the ultrasound the next day revealed gallstones.

Unfortunately, I never took the time to get a regular doctor - I got some recommendations for one, though, so I'm going to try to set up an appointment for the end of the week. As of now, I don't think I need surgery, but have drastically changed my diet to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I wouldn't wish the pain of a gallbladder attack on my worst enemy.

The good thing, though, is that this new health issue is causing me to watch what I eat and drop weight. I guess I needed something to get me back on track...

In non-related news, I have been very excitedly looking for apartments for rent in Nashville. The Spring can't get here soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the gallstones! I was reading on Facebook about your experience and it just sounds absolutely awful.

    Best of luck looking for an apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO! I had my gallbladder removed about 2 years ago and it was NEEDED. The pain that came with those gallbladder attacks was the worst pain I have ever dealt with and I needed it out. If you have any questions or wanna talk about it let me know...because I have been there.

    ReplyDelete