22 April 2018

My pets' wishlist

I regularly add items to my wish list for my pets on Amazon. I actually add to that list considerably more often than I add to my own personal wish list (which basically consists of a few vegan and vegetarian cookbooks, and some cute home décor). Here are a few of the things that are on our wish list - some practical and some fun! 
  1. A really decent dog shaver. My cousin who grooms dogs professionally recommended this Andis model, for my far-too-fluffy dog, who is starting to resemble Sprocket from Fraggle Rock. We will probably opt for something cheaper to start with, and hope that it works for Tuck's thick curls.
  2. HomeoPet Feline Nose Relief. We keep one of these on hand at all times, to help ward off any runny nose issues. Because my cats are leukemia positive, a runny nose is often the sign of something worse lurking, but this has definitely helped to alleviate some of the sickness in our house.
  3. Lysine Powder! When you have cats who have compromised immune systems, every little bit of defense helps. We were prescribed Lysine chews by our vet, but no one in the house would eat them - not even the dogs! We switched over to a powder that I just mix into their food. It doesn't seem to bother them that it's there, so I plan to continue this method.
  4. Richard's Organics Pet Calm. We keep a bottle of this in the house for bad anxiety days. Luckily, we don't get those days often, but occasionally a bad thunderstorm will turn Champ into a shaking mess of a dog. This stuff must taste great, because he is always ready for it!
  5. We use a Breeze Litter System (which we highly recommend - but watch the price because it often drops down to about $35) that uses pads in the drawer underneath. I've switched from using the name brand pads to using these much-cheaper off-brand pads by GOBUDDY. Truth be told, they don't work nearly as well - but they do still work out to be cheaper for me even when I have to change them considerably more often.
  6. This really cool thermal pet bed. In fact, we might need a few! Madden is always cold, and some of the cats seem to always be looking for a warm space to hang out. We keep the house relatively cool to save on heating bills, so a few of these scattered around the house would make the babies very happy!
  7. This neat convertible bed! Is it a tunnel? Is it a bed? Either way, I have a few pets would enjoy snuggling inside things, and this would be ideal!
  8. Harlow and Leroy in particular absolutely love these Skitter Kritter mice toys! I sell them at work in a three-pack and occasionally bring them home as they always tend to disappear (I have a feeling that I am going to move my couch one day and find a graveyard of kitty toys). While those are our favorites in this house, we also like these grey and white rattling mice toys, and these colorful fuzzy mice. We are just a toy-mouse-loving family over here!
  9. Stella would love one of these awesome window seats. Her favorite pastime is sitting by the window and watching the birds and squirrels. I also plan to buy her a bird feeder this Spring, so that the bird comes closer to her.
  10. I am looking to get something like this tower of tracks toy - particularly for Zelda. I want to work with her to try to get her coordination better, and think that something like this might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment