20 April 2018

Where is Spring?

I am starting to wonder if it is ever going to stop snowing here in northeastern Pennsylvania. Mother Nature is cutting into all of the plans I had of cleaning up my yard, planting flowers, and most importantly - building a catio for the kittens. Sometimes I have to remind myself that the good of living back here in Pennsylvania far outweighs the bad, and that weather is just one tiny piece of the puzzle - but I'm seriously missing warmer days right about now. My Facebook timeline cover picture right now is a photograph that I took when walking the dogs around my neighborhood about two months ago, when a random mild day popped up in February. But since then, we have only had about four more days that I would consider mild enough for outdoor activities. Of course, we all know I am going to be miserable on the really hot days this summer as well. Thank goodness there is a pool in my community, and we have air conditioners for the house. If there could be some magical place where the temperature is between fifty and seventy-five degrees all year, that would be fantastic... and if that place could be free of snakes, bonus points!

I'm thinking about buying a laptop (or maybe convincing Jeremy that if he ever decides to propose, I'd rather a really cheap ring, and a halfway decent laptop instead) so that I can spend the nice Spring mornings outside on the porch, blogging in the comfortable air. I could bring the dogs out with me so that they get some more fresh air before having to be cooped up inside before I go to work. Of course, my new work schedule will likely have me going in even earlier than I am not (5 or 6 AM, as opposed to 7 AM), so I'm not sure that the dogs and I will be sitting outside at 3 in the morning. The afternoons will be ours, though, to sit outside and enjoy the day.

For now, though, we wait. We wait patiently for the Spring - but I sure do hope it's here by next Thursday when my vacation starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment