12 May 2018

Four week challenge update

I believe I am about ten days into my four week eating better challenge (I lose track of time these days, and it's crazy). I've only cheated twice - once because I kept feeling faint and dizzy, and while I've never been diagnosed (I hate going to doctors), I started wondering if I was having some sort of blood sugar issues, so I allowed myself to eat a small amount of candy one day - just like four jelly beans, a roll of smarties, and a few dinner mints (spread out over the course of the day). And then I allowed myself to have a small sliver of cake yesterday during a co-workers going-away party/baby shower. Ten days in, and I have dropped a decent little bit of weight... People are noticing that my clothes are fitting differently already. I am getting compliments on how good I am looking again. I am feeling amazing, and my energy levels are through the roof. I am knocking out 16,000+ steps on a daily basis.

I'm proud, especially because I have managed to make some lifestyle changes, including cooking more at home. I go through phases... sometimes I will cook every day for a week or two straight. Other times, I live on takeout and frozen cheese pizza. This week, I have made Buddha bowls, veggie fajitas, baked spaghetti with vegan sausage... I have packed lunch for work every day, and other than a day that I thought I needed a little something extra - and grabbed a wheat bagel - I have stuck to just eating the healthy options that I packed. I just need to keep up this momentum. I need to keep kicking butt for the remainder of this month and wrap up this four-week challenge in a big way.

My goal is to re-lose the twenty pounds I gained back, by the end of this month. It's a huge goal... an enormous goal... but I think I can do it. I'm more than halfway there already. I can do this...

I can't wait until the end of the month to share my before and after picture from this month. It will be amazing - just you wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment