21 May 2018

progress

I'm working on another week of long days and extra hours at work! I keep reminding myself when I am tired that it is all going to pay off in the end - partly through recognition, and partly through a nice fat paycheck I will get in a week and a half... money that I will attempt to squirrel away for a rainy day, or to pay off a bill to try to get ahead somewhere in my life.

My life is far from perfect, but things seem like they are starting to fall into place. I have rediscovered the place that feels like home, and I am working on creating the life that I want. Happiness seems real at this point. It feels concrete, and tangible, and attainable. 

I'm a better person that I was a year ago, and I am proud of that. I have so much further to go on my journey, as a person, as a worker, as someone working to lose weight - but I am so much further than I was. I have dropped weight, I have made smarter choices, I have learned to love to walk (and even started learning to jog - something that I never thought I had any desire to do in my life), I have become a better employee at my job, I have become a calmer person (even though it doesn't seem like it some days).

Every day is a test, to see what kind of person I will be.

Most days, I think I do pretty damn well.

2 comments: