19 May 2018

What's Up Weekend? 05.19.2018

I decided to try to do this linkup this week, because I keep saying I am going to do one, and never get around to actually participating. The lovely folks at The Peaceful Posse are amazing, and I wanted to join them!



So, this is the time for me to share the awesome, positive moments that happened over the course of the week!

I was originally asked to work today, but we ended up getting more done in less time than anticipated, so I get to actually keep my Saturday off! While the money would have been nice, the day off will be even better.

On Wednesday, I got to see my beautiful niece, Scarlett, perform in her school's production of "Annie." It was sort of a play-meets-Spring-concert, and it was delightful. A lot of the kids had parts, and were in costume, while the rest of the fifth grade class made up the chorus. The characters would sing their song, and then the entire class would sing the song. My niece had a part - she was a Boylan sister and got to sing "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" with two other girls. They were AWESOME. All of the kids were awesome - there is so much talent in her class. I have a feeling that the next seven years are going to be filled with plays and concerts featuring these awesome kiddos. My nieces are both super-talented, and confident, and just lovely little people. They both seem to have a better sense of who they are as people at eleven and fifteen years old that I had when I turned thirty. I hope they continue to shine in every single thing they do. Proud aunt moment...

I pulled fifty-five hours at work this week, and while I am pretty exhausted (and slept really well every night this week after coming home like a sore mess), I am grateful for the opportunity to pull the extra hours, for the boss who sees potential in me and asks me to be on his team for extra hours, and to be able to earn money that I need for bills, and extra for fun stuff for the summer. Hoping to squirrel away some of that overtime money and maybe plan a fun little weekend trip with the nieces.

Today, we have a vet appointment for Zelda to get her feline leukemia vaccination booster. After this, she will still have to be quarantined from the positive cats for a little while, until the vaccine is fully effective - but this is the beginning of the end of having to have cats in separate rooms, with separate feedings, and I'm looking forward to my schedule being a little bit easier because of it.

The rest of the day will consist of Pokémon Go with the boyfriend (we are seriously such nerds, but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way), and then dinner together at our favorite new restaurant near us. I have been looking forward to eggplant parmigiana and spaghetti all week...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Margaret,
    Welcome my friend. Please link up as little or as often as you’d like. We’re a pretty chill group so no pressure.
    Days off after you had planned on going in are awesome! Your niece is BEAUTIFUL :). By the sounds of it, she’s going to be star when she’s older.

    That’s great news about the cats. I’m sure it’s a lot of coordinating and frustrating separating them. The end is in sight hun. ;)

    I hope your week has been awesome! (Sorry, I’m so behind this week hence the tardy reply.)

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by! Love this little blog hop - I need to get better about making time for me and for blogging (I make the time to write generally, but not so much time to follow others, network, etc).

      The end is so close for our quarantined Zelda! She is allowed to occasionally come into the main part of the house - supervised, of course. Now the foster kitten, though, may be staying... so a round of vaccinations for him before he can join the main crew will be in order - my pet life is so hectic. The price I pay for loving special needs pets!

      Delete