17 May 2018

work hard, play harder... later.

I was very much looking forward to my day off today. I was going to go for a walk (if it ever stops raining... why does it rain so much here? Did I accidentally move to the tropics? What is going on?!), spend some time working on the blog, catching up on other peoples' posts, finding awesome new blogs to follow, cleaning parts of the house...

But then the boss happened.

"You're working with me tomorrow in East Stroudsburg."

Of course I am.

The thing is, I'm fine with it... and the overtime will be amazing on this next check, and I will be happy in two weeks that I did this, and have money to spare (knock on wood), and that I can do this before I step down at work and lose money (which will be entirely worth it in the long run, let me tell you...). But I was psyched for this day off, and now I won't have one until Wednesday (I was also volunteered to work on Saturday - which I requested off a month or so ago, because it's Charmander day on Pokémon Go, and I need a shiny... shh, it's nerd-speak. So I'll dip out around noon on Saturday).

The money will be worth it, the money will be worth it, the money will be worth it. So many people I know complain about never having any money, never being able to get ahead, always being broke. "Well, work is offering overtime this week - how much of it are you taking?" "Oh, no, I won't work any extra." Well, I will... and I will enjoy what that little bit of extra money allows me to do.

2 comments:

  1. You're such a hard worker girl! You are amazing, remember that. It sucks when we forfeit our days off for overtime, but I did the same thing. I needed to get ahead and when it was offered I always took it. I think at my longest worked job here in NY where I was there nearly 5 years, a majority of my salary was ovetime. They never capped it or told me I couldn't have it and I needed it, so my butt got there early everyday and I stayed late everyday. Couldn't do that now, but it is how I survived on my own for so many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, it's rare that my company offers it, so most of the time, if they do - I'm in! After today, I'm sitting at about forty-five hours worked, and am slated to work another 8+ tomorrow. Life is good. I'm sore all over, and I may have to work Saturday (my next scheduled day off), too... but the check will be awesome, so there's that. ;)

      Delete