25 May 2018

What's Up Weekend? 05.25.2018

How has another week passed by already? How is it possible that it's Memorial Day weekend, when it feels like it was just Easter? Heck, it feels like I was just Christmas shopping. I swear - the older I get, the more time just zooms right past me - sometimes I really wish it would just slow down a little bit, because I am sure that I am missing something along the way. It's time again to link up with the lovely, talented, and kind folks from The Peaceful Posse Facebook group for the "What's Up Weekend?" link up.

This week was, much like last week, full of a lot of working! I get paid bi-weekly, and between the two weeks, I pulled thirty hours of overtime! I am very much looking to next Thursday's paycheck, and possibly paying some bills for the coming month a little early (or, of course, just treating myself to something fun and silly, just to pat myself on the back for working so hard these last two weeks). 

I received a pin at work this week as a little "thanks for helping out" incentive. I wrote a little bit about it this morning, and in the scheme of things, it really isn't a huge deal - but it's nice to be recognized. Kind words from the store manager and co-manager the last few days also helped me to feel like I was pretty awesome, so I am grateful for that. I have somehow felt better at work lately... like I somehow finally have it all figured out (despite being crazy-busy this week in our tourist-heavy store, and despite being sent out of the store several times). It just feels like something clicked lately, and it's cracking me up - just in time to change positions.

I felt really pretty after showering last night, so I took a selfie that I am kind of in love with. I have never been vain - in fact, I have always been very hard on myself, and swear that I am plain-looking at best. But then there are these rare moments, where I feel like I am not too bad, so I grab a few pictures while standing in front of the mirror. This was one of those nights.

I am off from work tomorrow - I'm kind of going to miss my Saturdays off when I switch to another department in a week or so, but from what I hear, I should be getting every other Friday/Saturday off, so that's kind of amazing. I am so looking forward to a summer with "weekends" off. The boyfriend works both of those days, and is off on Sundays - but this could allow me to plan little overnight trips with my girl friends, or other fun little outings. Plus, I am sure I will be able to grab one or both of my nieces some of those days, and either let them sleep over, or just pick them up early and make a day out of going to the gym or going for a hike, and then relaxing by the pool in my community (I want to spend so much time by the pool this summer - especially now that I am sixty pounds lighter than last summer).

I really am feeling overall happy lately, and I no longer have that constant "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling lurking about, reminding me that life could get bad any moment. I feel fine, and happy, and like I am figuring things out. Why did it take my thirty-four years?!

So happy to be linking up with Lindsay, Beth and Charlotte again this week, and being able to sit and reflect on happy, positive things!

2 comments:

  1. That’s a lot of overtime, good for you girl!
    That picture of you is indeed pretty, you look glowy. :)
    I hope you’re getting some down time In Between shifts, too. Gotta take care of you too, eh? :)

    I literally cannot believe it’s June on Friday.

    Take care Margaret xo

    ReplyDelete