01 June 2018

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 10

If I could live off of only one food and one beverage for the rest of my life, what would they be?

Okay, the food part is easy - eggplant parmigiana! This has always been one of my absolute favorite foods, and since going vegetarian, it has become even more of a staple in my diet. Some places don't make it very well (Olive Garden is the worst I have had - which makes me sad, because I love just about everything else I have ever eaten there), and every place is a little bit different, but as a general rule, this is my go-to meal at restaurants that offer it. I actually made it myself fairly recently, and was impressed with my own work (yes, yes, let me pat myself on the back for a moment!). It wasn't as difficult as I had psyched myself up for it to be, and it was actually quite tasty. Even the meat-eating boyfriend enjoyed it, and that's saying something!

Beverages are a bit harder... I don't really drink soda, but really miss Mountain Dew and Dr Pepper - but I am not sure that I would want to have them on a daily basis ever again. I won't be boring and say water, though clearly that is a given (and I drink so much water all of the time). At this point, I would probably want my Thrive shake every single day. I used to hate it - thought it tasted awful - but now, I love it, and get really sad if I run out of it and have to use some other sort of protein shake to hold me over until my supply arrives in the mail. I have no idea how I became that girl, when I swore the stuff off for so long. Bonus points on this if I would get to have access to all of the flavors so that I could switch it up every day - if not, I'll take the chocolate... or the strawberry... oh wait, I forgot about the vanilla...

2 comments:

  1. I still need to do one of these challenges.. I could also live off of eggplant anything.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. People always seem so grossed out when I say I love eggplant. It's friggin amazing! And as a vegetarian, it's nice because it has SUBSTANCE. That and mushrooms are my go-to foods when I want something that kind of has that meatiness about it. <3

    ReplyDelete