31 May 2018

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 09

Today, I get to write about my pet peeves!

I am surprised that I can't come up with more, but I really just have one major one: people who are closed-minded. Most of the time that I really rant on here, that is what it is about. I feel like so many people are so set in their own convictions (which can be a good thing, of course - it's awesome to feel strongly about something, and I don't want to take that away from anyone!) that they can't even see a little bit why someone else might feel differently.

I feel like I am constantly surrounded by people who are so very dead-set on their own ways that they refuse to see what is right in front of them, and alienate people who have just-as-valid reasons for believing what they do, for feeling how they feel, for wanting what they want.

Even being the middle-man is tough! When you try to rationally get someone to see the other person's side, you're accused of siding with that person, with supporting that person's interests, with being on the wrong side (how is one side wrong or right? They're opinions!). Managing to be empathetic is a chore when both sides are fighting you.

I wish people could just open their minds... even just a little... that is literally my one pet peeve.

Oh, and people who use the wrong your/you're or there/their/they're. Obviously that trumps all other pet peeves in the world. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment