16 June 2018

What's been going on

In case it wasn't evident, I have opted to cut my "thirty day writing challenge" short. I found that I wasn't writing anything substantial with it, but it did get me up and writing every day. I just need to find the motivation to continue to do that now, without strange writing prompts.

My last few days at home have consisted of trying to get all of the cats to get along. I finally decided it was time to end the quarantine with the two youngest, and just kind of hope for the best. Some growling and hissing has been going on since, but everyone is starting to come around. The two little ones still head to my room at night, and climb into bed with me and the boyfriend and the dogs. Most of the others don't seem to realized that sleeping with us is an option - they tried so hard to sneak in the bedroom when we would leave the door closed, and now that it is open all of the time, they are far less interested.

On the work front, the new position is fun, but tiring. Things haven't really kicked off much yet, but it's gearing up to be a busy summer! I walked over twenty-five thousand steps the other day, when I was alone in my position, and was exhausted by the time I came home. I need to get myself eating right again, and I am willing to bet that the pounds will just be falling off over the summer - I just need to convince myself that donuts are not delicious, and start eating more fruit instead.

This coming week may consist of a quick there-and-back-in-one-day trip to New Jersey to visit one of my best friends. The thing is - when someone needs help, you just figure out how to make it happen. I am going to bring cleaning supplies, and help her deep-clean her house. I am attempting to enlist another friend to come help us, but if not - we got this! I have been there... I have been so deep in the throes of depression that I cant even brush my hair, and end up with a matted mess at the end of the week. And the worse you get, the worse you feel about yourself, and you just get worse and worse and worse until you feel yourself spiraling out of control, unable to save yourself. I have been there so many times... and if I can help someone else fix it? I will help them, dammit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment