14 June 2018

Things I love, volume 2

I had a lot of awesome feedback on my first "Things I Love" post, and I am super excited to share my second installment with all of you!

What am I loving this week?! The Nevertheless Portrait Project by Annie Govekar!

Let me first start by saying that I have known Annie for quite a while. We met online years ago (over a decade, but I can't remember if it was 2003 or 2005-ish. Either way, a long time ago) due to our common love for both country music and Broadway musicals, and probably some nerdy stuff as well. Annie is a super-talented artist, and has been as long as I have known her. I actually commissioned a Thom & Coley piece a couple of years ago, and look at it on a daily basis. I love Annie's work so much!

Moving on to this awesome project! Over a year ago, Annie decided to start doing daily portraits of awesome, badass women, along with quotes. I don't think she realized how huge it would become, and how much all of us following her daily portraits would fall in love and beg for copies of certain prints, or push her to create a book. Over a year later, and this awesome lady managed to find 365 badass women to feature, and listened to all of our pleas for a book. There are politicians, artists, educators, actresses. So many amazing women are featured in this amazing book!

The Nevertheless Portrait Project features a lot of badass women who are very famous - and so many that I admittedly had never heard of. There is something in here for everyone. Words of inspiration from women who have done amazing things, and women who are continuing to do amazing things.

I snagged a few portraits from Annie's Facebook page to give you previews of portraits in the book. Check the book out, order a copy, share it with friends.

Why I Love it? No matter what your political affiliations may be, or how you feel about a lot of hot-button topics, there is something in here for everyone. I love the idea of this book as a gift for my teenage nieces, and for all of the awesome women in my life. The artwork is amazing, and I am always a fan of supporting artists! Also, a portion of the proceeds goes to the Joyful Heart Foundation - to help victims of sexual and domestic abuse! This is something that I can always get behind!





No comments:

Post a Comment