24 June 2018

ventures

I feel like I have been absent from this space for such a long time - when in reality, it's been about a week. Life has been good - I have changed positions at work, and feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. There is still the desire to do a good job, to work hard, to be the best that I can be (and this time there is a team depending on me to do my part), but it's less nonsense than I dealt with before, and I really feel like I made the best decision for myself, at the best time possible. The schedule is slightly earlier (I am working 6AM-3PM this week, as opposed to the 7AM-4PM I have been on for the last year or so, but my regular schedule will be 5AM-2PM). Time is absolutely flying by at work, partly because I get out so early, I'm sure, and partly because of the less-stress.

My home life lately has consisted of inter-mixing all of my cats, and ending the quarantine of the vaccinated cat, so she can enjoy time in the entire house rather than being stuck in my room for the rest of her life. Other than some occasional hissing and head-whacking on all sides, the transition has been fairly smooth and uneventful. It has also been interesting because I decided to sleep with my bedroom door open at this point, to let all of the cats come and go as they please, to see who ends up in bed with me at night. It's always the three dogs, but now my fluffy girl Stella is usually in bed, as is Harlow. I forgot how much those two loved to be close to me, and feel like I have been a bad pet parent since I have been quarantining certain ones (before Zelda came along, Gabby and Stella were stuck in the bathroom with us with their upper respiratory infections - this is our first non-quarantine period in months!). Now, everyone is getting a lot more attention, and I feel less guilty about spending time with certain ones who needed it (because they were sick, or were babies).

As far as my absence on here is concerned... I have still been writing, just working on a different project. I need to be better about blogging, still, but I have had words pouring out of me for something else I have always wanted to do - a thirty-ish year dream that I am finally putting into action (here goes nothing!).

Wish me luck! On the new job, the pets all getting along, the writing venture...

1 comment: