08 August 2018

recently

It's been over a month since I have written anything here, and you would think that meant that I was working hard on the other writing venture I had going on - but alas, my mind has been pretty broken when it comes to writing lately. Shortly after I wrote my last entry here, I got sick - nothing major, just a really rotten cold, where I felt downright miserable for about two weeks. I lost my voice for a bit of the time - something I don't remember ever happening to me before - and I just felt downright awful. I had no spark of imagination whatsoever during this period, and somehow haven't managed to get it back since. I've gone through a month and a half or so of feeling like I am doing nothing more than existing - even though work has been busy, and has brought on new challenges - I just feel like I have been drifting through life, and I really need to change that.

Admittedly, my life is pretty dull right now - the only thing going on really is that I am taking vacation in late September. Tori and I - and hopefully Heather as well - are planning a trip to New England, mostly centering around Salem, Massachusetts. I have been working loads of overtime at work and am excited that I will be able to really enjoy my vacation time and not worry about money while I am there!

Oh, and I adopted a puppy last month! I say puppy loosely - he was born in December, so he was about seven months when I got him, but he dwarfs all of my dogs, so it's hard to look at him as a puppy. He's a Canaan Dog mix, rescued from Jordan, originally from Iran. He's smart, but gosh does he like playing with cats, and gosh is he rambunctious. The older dogs aren't sure how to take him, and the cats are really not sure how to take him - but he's getting better and more adjusted. I just wish I had a huge fenced in yard to let him burn off more of that energy in - but I really think he will be a nice dog when he calms down and loses that crazy puppy energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment