24 May 2011

letters and carefree summers and the like

There is absolutely no excuse for my lack of updating - but if I had to give one, I would cite work, being sick (first a cold from hell, and now cramps from hell), being stressed about work all of the time, taking care of three dogs and three cats, atempting to make crafty stuff (hairbows!!!) as a way to make a few extra bucks, and attempting to have a social life all as reasons for my lack of blogging. But again, there's no excuse. Well, there are. But I should find a way to blog anyway.

I decided today that I am going to write lots of letters this summer. Because, well, a cousin gave me the idea, and reminded me how wonderful it is to get a piece of real mail that isn't a bill or a college brochure, or a "you've been pre-approved for a credit card!" piece of junk. I am going to start today with a letter to my friend Mary (who, after buying paper, envelopes, stamps and the like, I received a letter from in the mail. Perfect timing, indeed!), and a fathers day card a bit early for my dad. From there, I will see what I feel like doing. I also have a box that I HAVE TO mail to my cousins in Tennessee, that has literally been sitting here for months, and I keep forgetting to send it when I have money. I am sending it either tomorrow or Thursday. No more excuses.

Tonight, I am going out to dinner - and am very much looking forward to it! This will probably be followed by movie-watching on the couch with the mutts. It's crazy how excited I am for this quiet, sweet evening at home with an amazing friend, and my sweet furbabies!

Nothing else particularly interesting is going on. I did end up with an A in my Spanish class, which gave me a 3.5 GPA for the semester. This brings my overall down from a 3.75 to a 3.67, but considering that my goal had originally been a 3.0, I'm proud of myself. Going to enjoy these few school-free months, though.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the high GPA...thats awesome!

    Yea I forget what its like to actually get mail that isn't a Comcast advertisement or one of those stupid credit card things. I actually don't even get much mail of any kind anymore (especially since I just do e-billing) haha I get all excited when I see something in the mail slot! Even though its usually just junk =p

    ReplyDelete