15 May 2011

oh hi, I do exist

I was told that I need to blog more - and so, here I am!

Life has been a bit nuts lately, but now that school is out for the summer, I should have a bit more time to blog and whatnot - should being the operative word. One of my grades has been posted - a B in history (which means I aced the final exam - I had to ace it to pull off the B. Was afraid of getting a C, which would have made me extra-sad). I am sure that I will pull off an A in Spanish (despite skipping half of my homework assignments - I really have to get better about that next semester). This will put me on the Presidents List. Again. Which really doesn't mean much, but it makes me proud of myself.

I need to start figuring out where I want to go to school to get my bachelor's degree. I am super-excited about changing my major at community college, because it means that I will tranfer with an associates degree (which may not be much, but I'm stoked. ONE YEAR from now, I will graduate college. Albeit a community college - maybe it will get some people to shut the hell up about my life, yes?). I know two things: I do not want to stay in New Jersey to finish up, and that wherever I end up next, I hope to be the place I settle forever (or at least for a very long time). Finger crossed, toes crossed, yada yada yada.

My cousin who is a year older than me got married yesterday. And my sister-in-law's sister and her husband - also a year older than me - had twin girls yesterday. So, I would like to say congratulations to Marirose and Richard on their wedding, and to Leslie and Justin on their beautiful new daughters. I would also like to say: dammit, we are all getting old.

It's not so much that I mind getting older - I am just upset that I am not where I thought I would be at this age - not by any stretch of the imagination. I really thought that I would be married at twenty-three, and have three kids - at twenty-five, twenty-seven and twenty-nine. Well, I will turn twenty-eight November, and am nowhere near getting married. Or having babies. Everyone tells me I am still young, and to take my time, and that it will all happen when it is supposed to happen. But, what if it doesn't? Also, being that I am certain that I am going to die when I am fifty-five (something that is forever in my mind) I fear that by the time I have kids, I won't be around to see them grow up. C'est la vie, I guess.

So, what else is going on with me...?

Bella the rescue kitten is doing super-well. She now runs and plays and pounces, and has graduated from formula to actual kitten food (which I water down to make it more "drinkable" since she is still learning to lap food out of a dish. Baby steps). She spends a significant portion of her time these days hanging out with Kenzie (my two year old kitty), and is currently snuggling with Kenzie in the kittening box I made for her several months back when I thought she was pregnant. It's adorable. I am glad that Kenzie is teaching her to be a cat, though the dogs do also spend time playing with her and teaching her to stand up for herself. I really love my furry little family. A lot.

Lately, I have been getting more crafty. I've been teaching myself to make hairbows for little girls, and am pretty excited about that venture. Hopefully it will make me a few bucks. If not, it's just a really fun, calming creative hobby for me. Love it. I should also start crocheting again, but I can't guarantee that that will happen any time soon. I am loving being crafty again, though.

Well, I blogged. Because I was told I had to. And now I am going to throw some pajamas on, curl up on the couch and watch some more episodes of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (I bought the whole series last fall, and just started watching it. Forgot how much I loved Dr. Mike and Sully. LOVE THEM!).

1 comment:

  1. I need to blog more as well...but I never have much to talk about haha

    Congrats on the grades! I've been thinking about going back to school for something, but I have literally no idea what I would want to go back for...and I figure I need to be completely sure of that before investing time and money. lol

    Its funny imagining where you will be when you're older. I do like where I am, but its not where I imagined I'd be at this age. I still feel like I'm much younger that 24! Time goes by way too fast...and I literally have no idea where I'll be even a couple years from now.

    ReplyDelete