23 August 2011

Earthquake '11

So, not to beat a dead horse or anything, especially since my facebook is a mess of status about it, but:

HOLY SHIT, I JUST FELT MY FIRST EARTHQUAKE!

I had no idea what it was. I was in my car, at the gate to my apartment complex, letting myself in, and my car started shaking back and forth. I thought something weird was wrong with my car, but it didn't make any logical sense as to why it would shake like that. I pulled through the gate, stopped again, and it was shaking but much lighter. When I was driving around the complex, loads of people were outside, and I still didn't get what had just happened. Until I pulled up and my neighbor said "you didn't feel that?" Holy shit. Yeah. I did. I just didn't know what it was.

And so, there it is. An earthquake. Mark that shit off of the list. Not that it was ever on the list or anything. But damn. Odd feeling to know one hit so close. Crazy to realize that pretty much the entire east coast felt it.

Freakish weather is freaking me out. Juuust sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment