04 May 2012

I'm moving on


I have this weird feeling gnawing on me that everything is about to change.


My philosophy has become that once I have gotten to a point where I have done everything I need to do in a place, it is time to move on from that place. I am not sure whether I am happy or sad that I really have no roots anywhere. Happy I guess because it means I can easily pack up and move on - sometimes on a whim. Sad because it means that I have no idea where in this great big world that I belong.


Right now, all I want to do is pack up my things and my critters, and move away. Far, far away would be nice. But I would happily settle for somewhere semi-close, but still far enough to start all over. Again.


While in New Jersey, I have learned to drive; I have learned what true friendships really are; I have learned to be independent; I have fallen in love and fallen out of love and gotten over someone who I swore I would love until the day I died; I have gained more confidence than I ever thought possible for a girl like me. There are plenty more things that I could do here, and I certainly do not hate or resent New Jersey like I used to. When I leave, I will leave behind the best friends I have ever had in my life. I will leave the first place I drove around and learned to navigate. I will leave behind so much. But I will take so many pieces of this place with me.


I am patiently (as patiently as I can, anyway), waiting to hear back about a job that I would love to have. I am going to look at apartments and houses in the area I am looking to move into in about two weeks. It is time to move on, I think. A few more months to get out of my lease, and then I should be gone. God willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment