13 March 2018

31 Days of Self Love - Day 13

Take a selfie. Just as you are. Find one thing to love about it. I sat down this morning when I first woke up, and planned on doing this. But, I woke up feeling fairly miserable, and tired, and defeated, so I allowed myself to call out of work and went back to bed. I'm feeling mostly better now - and am fairly certain I'm okay - it's just a lack of proper nutrition as of late, and a lack of really taking care of my body these last few weeks.

But now I'm up, and finally got a shower, and finally took a selfie for today. No makeup, hair still a wet curly mess from the shower, but here it is.

I love my eyes, and how blue they are - I love that they look like my mother's eyes. I love the crazy curl that my hair has after a shower - I kind of wish it would look like that when it's had time to dry. I love that I can see the struggle I've gone through to get to this point when I look at a photograph of myself. I love that random little mole on my chest - I feel like it somehow gives me a bit of unique character. I love that I'm brave enough to share a selfie like this - the old me never would have been able to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment