14 March 2018

31 Days of Self Love - Day 14

What would your younger self be proud of you for today? I think this is actually a pretty tough one, because I'm certainly not where younger me had planned on being in my life at this point. I pictured marriage, a few kids, and owning a home somewhere other than where I grew up.

My life didn't turn out like younger me had thought it would - not at all.

But I'd hope that younger me would be proud of how hard I've fought to get where I am. She should be proud that despite a lot of hiccups in the road, I not only made it through, but came out stronger on the other end. She'd be proud of the animals I've had a hand in rescuing. She'd be proud that despite still needing help sometimes, I've become quite independent. She'd be proud of how much I've gotten to travel, and how much I've traveled on my own, just because I felt the need to see places. She'd be proud that I've been brave enough to live in other places, with no family or friends in the area. She'd be proud of the take-no-shit attitude that's emerged as I've gotten older.

It's funny - I think quite a bit about how I haven't accomplished the things I planned by the time I was this age... but I've accomplished other things, and I've worked hard to get here.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that is a tough question! At 15, I thought I knew everything about myself and the world around me. BUT, as I move through life, I'm constantly re-evaluating. Goals change, for the better sometimes. I'm happy you have a list of accomplishments your younger self would be proud of! Keep going, you're doing fine! PS ... at some point, I want to see a pic of the fluffy kiddo you mentioned. But I'm patient! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to do a post of my fur family, or make pages like you have! My fluffy one is a shih Tzu/bichon/jack Russell/pug mix (well, I think pug - I was told they didn't know the last breed, but I feel like it's pug). Yeah, it's just as ridiculous as it sounds. lol

      Delete