17 March 2018

31 Days of Self Love - Day 17

When was the last time you indulged yourself and how? It's funny - this question really depends on what they mean by "indulged yourself." I don't often do pampering type things for myself, which is kind of how I read this first... so I'll take it just to mean the last time I did something for myself to make me happy...

About two weeks ago, I saw someone had posted an ad on a local Facebook yard sale group selling off her enormous collection of yarn. I treated myself to one hundred skeins of yarn (at a dollar a piece, it really was a steal!).

The thing is, in the last year especially I've become the type of person who questions nearly everything before I commit to making a purchase (I mean, to the point that I went back and forth for ten minutes over spending six dollars on a Funko Pop I really wanted). I've moved so much in the past, and tried to sell things off, or given them away, or worse - just thrown things away that were perfectly good, because they weren't worth enough to justify renting a moving truck to move them. I can't justify buying a lot of silly things or trinkets - even if I want them. I even have my boyfriend analyzing whether he really wants things at this point (to the point that I feel bad, and try to encourage him to treat himself, even if it's something silly, if he really wants it and he's at a point that his bills are caught up and such). So, for me to buy a ton of yarn (oh, the projects I have in my mind!) without putting a ton of thought into it (okay, I thought about it for like thirty minutes) was a huge deal.

Next thing I plan to do to indulge myself? Why, a vacation of course. My "vacations" are generally planned around Thom & Coley shows, and with them deciding to go off the road for a while, I feel like it's especially important that I knock out another show this year before that happens... I somehow can't justify spending $50 for a local concert where I'll have nosebleed seats... but dropping $700 between gas, hotels, tickets? One hundred percent justifiable for them. Hoping to hit their Panama City, Florida show at the end of April. Why? Because TREAT YO'SELF.

No comments:

Post a Comment