19 March 2018

31 Days of Self Love - Day 19

How are you making the world a better place? Well, way to put me on the spot, 31 day challenge!

I really think I'm making the world a slightly better person by being compassionate - to both people and animals - who have nothing and no one. More than once, I've opened up my home to friends who just needed a chance to try to get their lives figured out while saving money. I try to do things for people that I wish had been done for me when I was at my lowest. I know what it's like to have nowhere to go, to have to sleep in a seedy motel for a few weeks, to not be sure if I was going to be able to eat that night. I've been there, and I hate to think that anyone else that I know should ever be in a situation, especially when I'm at a point that I'm okay.

My biggest impact on my small piece of the world will probably be the way I have rescued and cared for feline leukemia positive cats. I have rescued a total of ten at this point, and it's something that I'm really proud of, and sometimes I don't think that I give myself credit. It isn't until my boyfriend smiles and tells me what a big heart I have as I cry over the ones I couldn't save, and as I tend to my eternally-sick Stella right now (two to three times a day of having to medicate her, clean her face, shave the mats from her fur that are caused by her not being able to properly groom). I have such a huge place in my heart for animals that are in need - the voiceless and the sick. My impact will be small on this world, but for the cats I've saved, I'm hoping that it will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment