20 March 2018

31 Days of Self Love - Day 20

How can you give yourself a break today? Between a day of work that is generally fairly physical (nothing crazy - just a good bit of lifting, and constantly being on the move from one end of the store to the other) and hopefully a trip to the gym for some much-needed treadmill time, I have no real intention of taking it easy physically today. I've gotten better, though, and don't push myself as hard as I once did (a pulled back is not a fun time, if you wondered).

Mentally, though? This. This is my break. Taking time to sit down, write out my thoughts, work on pages of the blog, think of ideas for what I want to do once my thirty-one days of self love prompts draw to a close. It might not sound like a break, but this is my sweet escape. This is my quiet time, my way to just spend time with myself with no distractions (aside right now from the sound of two of the kittens play-chasing each other up and down the hallway outside of my room). My Spotify playlist is quietly playing as I type - Shooter Jennings' "4th of July" making my crave a road trip and hours of music and scenery. This is my sweet mental break.

No comments:

Post a Comment