24 March 2018

31 Days of Self Love - Day 24

I can't believe I'm in the home stretch now! Only one week of these prompts left, and then I'll be writing a lot more loosely, and about a lot more random stuff (which is totally my usual style, so that's fun).

What's something you wish someone would say to you? In this case, it's not that I want just anyone to say this - it's that I'm looking for it from one particular person, but don't feel like I will ever get it.

I want to feel like this person is proud of me - really, genuinely, honestly proud of me. I want them to tell me that they're proud that I've made it mostly on my own for so long. I want them to acknowledge the fact that they've helped others a lot more than they've helped me, and that when I was practically begging for help, and they didn't help me, that they should have.

I'm not trying to imply that I never received a helping hand along the way - because I have. But I've also had to fight pretty hard to get to a place of peace where I am now, while other people in the situation have been able to sit back and be given handouts. I don't want or need the handouts - I just sort of want the acknowledgment that there's been an unfair distribution of help and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment