22 March 2018

Product Review - Go Pet Club cat condo

I've been looking for a long time - since before Christmas, I believe - for a nice, sturdy, fairly large cat condo/tree for the cats. Of course, pre-Christmas, it was just Harlow and Stella, and they ended up getting a really small one from Santa Claus. With the addition of three more kitties (I'm crazy, am I right?!) in the last couple of months, I knew we had to upgrade soon!

I'd been reading reviews on Amazon for a while, going back and forth about what I thought would be best. Plus, I knew I didn't necessarily want something in the living room, but since I was creating a nice little sanctuary space for myself in one of the spare rooms, I could throw a cat condo in there with me.

Once I started getting my room/office/sanctuary set up how I liked it, I finally settled on this enormous beast of a product. Reviews were good, plus I had gotten a 10% off coupon offer emailed to me - score!

It took close to a week to arrive, but did arrive on the day that Amazon had promised it would. It only took the boyfriend and I about thirty minutes to assemble - to be fair, he and I are both pretty versed in assembling flat-pack furniture from places like Wal-Mart and IKEA, and I've put together a cat condo before for my last crew of cats. It's surprisingly well put together for what I paid, and I'm impressed with how roomy the condo parts are for our average-sized cats. I actually was able to get both orange boys into one condo, and they both fit.

The product is a beast. The top pole makes it expand up to 106 inches tall. We were able to adjust it to have it against the ceiling in a spot that was ideal for our needs. You could theoretically leave that top post off - you'd just need an extra bolt for that part of the top of the condo. Structurally, this thing is nice and sound. I was afraid we'd have to end up doing some maneuvering to anchor it to the wall, but once it was together, I realized that wouldn't be an issue at all (the only time I could foresee it not being sturdy enough is if someone was using it for several large cats - my five are all of average size, so this is ideal for us - and could fit bigger cats - but if you had three fifteen pound cats scaling this thing all day long, you might want to look into some anchoring options, perhaps.

As soon as it was assembled, the cats were interested. Stella immediately picked out her spot in the lowest condo, and the boys went and claimed some higher spots. Harlow hasn't been as interested that I've seen - though once I brought her into the room and showed her, she hung out on the condo for a while - and Gabby pretty much hides all of the time, so asking her opinion at this point wouldn't really be fair.

When I bought it, the condo was $89.99, minus the 10% coupon they offered me, and for me and my crew, it was worth every penny! Plenty of room for all five of my little fluffy loves to hang out, snooze and play - without having to be right on top of one another. We're giving it a ranking of five paws up!

The only complaint I have is that the dogs are jealous that the cats got such a cool new toy, and they're wondering where their fun new toy is.

Check it out here on Amazon: Go Pet Club Huge Cat Tree.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that thing looks amazing! It reminds me of how I used to feel whenever our playground would get some new equipment. Lucky cats! But yeah, now you're probably going to have to take the dogs out for a steak dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete