30 May 2018

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 08

Three things you want to say to different people...

I sit here debating whether I should do this anonymously, or be bold and open about it... I started writing, though, and I think for the sake of the people involved at least one of them, I should keep identities out of it. If you feel as though these apply to you - perhaps they do. Also, I sat and sat and sat, and tried to think of a third person, but I couldn't think of anyone that I really needed to say something to. You get two, dear readers... only two.

Person #1: I am so proud of you. I think you doubt yourself more than you should, but I really think you are doing an amazing job at everything. I know you feel overwhelmed, and like you are drowning sometimes. I know you get lonely. I know you wonder if you are enough for your son... but you are. You are so very enough. That little boy is going to grow up knowing that his momma cared, that she worked hard to make sure he had everything he could ever need, that she put her own life on the back burner so many times to make sure that he came first. You've always, even before he came along, doubted yourself - and trust me - I get it. But you are so much better than you give yourself credit for. You are doing great - take a moment now and then to admit that to yourself - you deserve it. When you have bad days, just remind yourself that you are awesome. You are doing so much right. Let the bad days come, and then attack the next day with your amazing self. You've got this. I am so very proud to be your friend.


Person #2: To say that I am disappointed in you would be a gross understatement. I remember when I was a kid, that I wanted to be just like you. Now? I barely want to associate with you. I don't know what happened to you, or why you turned out the way you did, but the version of you that I used to know was so much better than this. I know you have issues (we all do!), but maybe it's about time you learn to deal with your issues. Talk to someone. Talk to us. We get it. We have issues, too - I promise. You have so many good things going for you in your life, and people have gone out of their way to make so many things so much easier for you, but sometimes I think what you really need is just a good swift kick in the ass. I know you can't get better until you admit that you have problems - and there is no shame in that. We'll all be here when you're ready to deal with those problems. Just stop treating the world like shit in the meantime - we didn't do this to you. Do you think we can't tell that something is wrong? Do you think that we can't see it every day? We know. You just need to admit it now, and work on getting better. My biggest fear for you is that you will look back one day and realize you messed up a lot of things, and caused a lot of pain, and by then it will be too late to fix it. Some things just aren't going to be reparable, and I sincerely hope that you can figure this all out before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment