14 May 2018

daily routine

basically...
I feel like I am far too tired, far too early in the night lately. Then I sat down and really thought about my daily routine, and realized - I'm surprised that I'm not passing out earlier!

4:30 AM.
Wake up! Usually run to the bathroom first thing.
4:35 AM. Take the dogs outside to go to relieve themselves. Usually we aren't out for long, because they seem to have no real desire to be out that early in the morning...
4:39 AM. Take my Thrive pill, throw on my DFT, and mix my shake. I know I'm supposed to take the pills before I hop out of bed, but I feel like the pets will be constantly knocking them off of my nightstand, so I just do it as soon as I get to the kitchen in the morning.
4:40 AM. Start taking care of the cats! Scoop litter boxes. Feed three separate groups of cats (the five leukemia positive cats are together in the main part of the house, Zelda is still quarantine since she is negative, so she gets fed in the master bathroom, and the two tiny foster babies are in a big dog crate in my room). Try to pet/love everyone if they're interested. Medicate any pets that need it at the time - currently it's just Zelda who needs a dose of antibiotics in the morning.
4:58 AM. Run down to the basement to empty the dehumidifier.
5:00 AM. Sit down and try to catch up on Facebook, this blog, randomly browsing Amazon - usually to shop for pet-related goodies. Drink my Thrive Lifestyle mix somewhere in here.
5:30 AM. Make sure the boyfriend is awake, see if the dogs feel like going out again.
As needed: Empty the dishwasher, sweep the floor around the litter boxes, clean up cat vomit (Andy's sensitive stomach is loads of fun), grab dry laundry from the basement.
6:00 AM. Get dressed for work. At least I just have to wear a navy blue polo and khaki or black pants. Getting dressed is easy when there are literally no options, right?
6:20 AM. Leave for work! Maybe stop and hit a pokestop along the way if I gave myself enough time, because let's face it - I'm a giant nerd.
6:55 AM. Arrive to work, moan about what didn't get done the night before, go on a wild goose chase for my work equipment.
7:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Work! Stock shelves, fix things, lift heavy things, be annoyed because no one else seems to hear the calls for help over the walkie talkie - so answer those - lift more heavy things, try to figure out who taught these stockers how to stock, maybe cry in a corner if the day warrants it.
12:00 PM. Lunch! Basically an hour to vent with co-workers, and eat.
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. More work! Tying up loose ends, attempting to make the department not look like a tornado hit it, probably lift more heavy things, respond to more calls that have nothing to do with my own department.
4:00 PM. The sweet release of "time to go home."
4:15 PM. Usually, when I finally clock out for the day if anything needed to be done. Occasionally go to the gym at this point. Otherwise, head home!
4:45 PM. Arrive home (if I haven't gone to the gym). Take the dogs out - if it's not raining or freezing take them on a real legitimate walk.
5:00 PM. Kitty duty. Again. Litter boxes, feeding three separate groups of cats. Yell at the dogs to stop eating cat food.
5:15 PM. Feed the dogs.
5:30 PM. Cook dinner. Usually takes about half an hour if I'm legitimately cooking something.
6:00 PM. Eat. Sit at the table longer than I need to, because wow it feels nice to just sit.
As needed: Sweep the house, run down to the basement to empty the dehumidifier, run a load of laundry, do dishes, clean countertops and the sink, vacuum the bedroom and guestroom, clean up dog and cat toys from all over the house.
7:00 PM. Take dogs out again.
7:15 PM. Shower and pajamas, if I haven't gotten to that point already yet. Once this happens, I'm not going out anywhere. I'm done. In for the night. Sorry, kids.
8:00 PM. Climb into bed, and hope for thirty minutes or so of peace. Just me, the dogs, and "Parks and Recreation" or "The Office" if I'm lucky.
8:30 PM. Dogs out. Again. Because if I don't take them out a bunch of times at night, I will wake up to messes all over the floor. Sighs.
9:00 PM. Usually passed out by now. Wake up a few times to the sound of the dogs whining to go outside, my bladder yelling at me to get up, or Zelda screaming for attention.

I was actually starting to wonder why I was always so tired so early in the evening. After all, I take Thrive, and it's supposed to give me this amazing all-day energy. And then I realized - it does give me amazing all day energy. Pre-Thrive I would have been useless after a day at work, and have come home and barely been able to function, so there's that... And now? I sleep like the dead usually, minus a few times that the animals manage to wake me up during the night for one reason or another (whereas I never used to get a good night's sleep before).

Looking at this, though, no wonder I'm exhausted. I thought about getting a second job, but I have to laugh - when? When could I possibly work in another job?

No comments:

Post a Comment