04 June 2018

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 13

Today's writing prompt is "three confessions of your choice." 

Confession #1. I am not generally as happy as I appear to be. I mean, I have a lot to be happy about, and a lot to be grateful for - and my logical mind knows this. But I also have depression pretty bad that kind of sneaks up and convinces me that there is something wrong. I feel like my inner self is constantly at battle. Usually, my days off are spent trying to recover from the days where I worked and had to put on a fake happy face and pretend that everything was amazing. Don't get me wrong - I have days that are better than others, but it takes a lot out of me sometimes to just deal with normal life.

Confession #2. I am really bad at adulting. Seriously. I feel like I somehow missed a class on how to be an adult. I can't even cite specific reasons why I think that I am awful at adulting, but it just seems like most people have everything in life figured out, and I am over here with no clue, no direction, and really just no concept of what I am doing. Maybe other people are like this as well, but just hide it better.

Confession #3. I am going through a really strange time mentally/emotionally, where I am questioning just about everything that I thought I wanted, or knew. I guess part of this goes back to my first and second confession... but there are things that I always thought I wanted in life, and I find myself lately wondering if I really do, or if I just thought I wanted those things because I was supposed to want those things. To be clear, I am still unsure about a lot of it, but I also guess I am glad that my life has gone the way it has because I am realizing, well into my thirties, that I am not sure what I really want out of life - and it's actually sort of terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment