07 June 2018

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 17

What do you want to be when you are older?

I feel like I should have figured out what I want to be when I am older a long time ago... but older than now? I want to be happy. I want to be a mother. I want to find some way to work with animals in some degree.

It wasn't until the last few years that I realized what I wanted to do with my life, and now I feel like perhaps it is too late. I don't have the finances to go back to school again, and I don't think I have the time, since I have no choice but to work a full-time job at this point to be able to pay my bills. If I had the chance, I would go back to school to be a veterinary technician. I have been kicking myself lately for not finding a way to do this a long time ago...

I want to be a mother - a fact that I have known my entire life - but the logistics of that somehow boggle my mind. I have never managed to get pregnant (not that I have ever tried, but I've never really tried to prevent it either). Adoption would be an option, except that the finances things is there.

And happy? Well, I am working on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment