01 June 2014

Sunday Social

Oh, another fun linkup! Linking up today with Ashley LatelyA Complete Waste of Makeup to do Sunday Social, which looks like a bunch of fun! (These linkups are great - I've found so many great blogs to follow so far!)


http://www.ashleylately.com/


1. Introduce yourself and your blog to us. Okay! Hello, there! My name is Margaret, but I usually go by Sidny for online things, and in person with some people (long story short: I was fifteen and hated the name Margaret. I randomly found a name I liked, and in typical fifteen-year-old-girl fashion decided to spell it uniquely. Oy. It stuck). I am thirty years old, and currently living in Maryland's Eastern Shore region. I work as a manager for a large retailer. My favorite people in the world are my two small dogs, Madden and Champ. My blog is a random mixture of all sorts of things. Currently, I am on a mission to lose weight and get in shape, so I talk about that quite a bit. I also talk about random things going on in my life.

2. What is your favorite form of Social Media and why? I really enjoy Instagram, because pictures are fun! Currently, most of the instagrams that I follow (other than real life friends) are ones about cute dogs - and some cute other animals - and some fitness type ones.

3. What made you start a blog? I have kept a blog in some way, shape, or form for about eleven years. I was on Livejournal what seems like a billion years ago, for quite a while. A lot of the people that I followed slowly started drifting away, and that was sort of sad. Then I blogged on my own personal site (hosted by the lovely Sara) for a while. I guess that I just like to put things into writing, to get my feelings and thoughts out of my head, and to network with other like-minded people.

4. What do you feel the most meaningful/special post you've written is? I haven't really written a whole lot on this blog as of yet. I think that one of my favorite posts I have written in the fairly recent past was one titled "No More." I had seen an ad campaign with the same title, and was moved. The ad was about not putting up with sexual abuse/rape, and it hit incredibly close to home. I wrote about how it made me feel, and felt a weight lifted off of my shoulders when I put some of it into writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment